Some thoughts about D6535 today. We are always anxious to create opportunities for people to enjoy seeing and travelling with the locomotives 5305LA cares for.
We would very much like to see the NRM's '33' out and about at the Great Central Railway in the near future, hauling trains and earning money to spend on improving its condition, but the question is, who would come and spend money? We can only put plans together if there are ideas, and people to support them who will come and ride behind the loco. Let's hear from you, please!
What would you like to do? Some ideas...
- Lots of '33' mileage
- a combination with another loco (say, D5401 or D123)
- a Friday afternoon/evening of running
- evening trains and some beers;
- is there interest in holding a special event where you might get to drive the loco and have some hospitality?
- maybe you'd just like to see the loco take the steam heat van out on the regular DMU diagram.